Rummys Blog An world of endless Monday

Monday, 27 April, 2009

Ahh well, that didn’t last long

Filed under: World of Warcraft — Andrew.Rowbottom @ 10:14 pm

[quite a lot of this post is made up]

Got promoted to a guild officer last night and by coincidence also got invited to a Naxx “finisher”.

I don’t suppose I’ll be an officer (provisional, medicine junior) for too much longer, order especially if I keep to my current track record (2 hours long).

I suppose accusing the RL of wetting his knickers when he got Frost Blasted at Kel’Thuzad wasn’t one of my better quips. “Keep me alive at all costs” I think was the phrase.

Yeah, I know he was calling out most of the Frost Blasts, but, well, there was a faint air of desperation there, really there was.

Anyway it got translated inside my head into “Please, please, don’t let me die” which is, I think you’ll agree, dangerously close to “heal me!“.

Fortunately for him the fingers work faster than the brain and he was still standing at the end 🙂

Less fortunately for me my typing fingers also work faster than my brain and I made the knickers comment 😮 .

I let you know if I still have a guild tomorrow.

P.S. Raiding without a ret pally sucks. I’m refusing to go anywhere near Uldar without one, not that anyone has offered, but still, I’m NOT going without one.

6 Comments »

1. I don’t remember that comment, but it sounds like something I would have usually said.
    When you get used to Officer Chat, you’ll find that the officers give each other more greif and are alot more frank with each other than we are in front of the regular guildies.

Comment by Smyth — Tuesday, 28 April, 2009 @ 8:50 am

2. Ah, my mistake, I thought Vedd was the RL.
    What do I know? I just turn up and start spamming healz everywhere.

Comment by Andrew.Rowbottom — Tuesday, 28 April, 2009 @ 12:03 pm

3. No No, Vedd was the Raid Leader.
    But he only requires the respect in that… you do what he says.

You don’t have to agree with him about it. And you’re always free to voice your opinions or generally have a dig.

Comment by Smyth — Tuesday, 28 April, 2009 @ 1:19 pm

4. yeah a lot of officer chat is trading insults! i am sure i have said worse things to vedd ?

and they haven’t succeeded in getting rid of me yet ;p

Comment by Grace/ Knicks — Tuesday, 28 April, 2009 @ 2:25 pm

5. Raid leader is here! =) Don’t worry about your comment flowersz, you simply said what you thought! And just for the record, it wasn’t a “heal me” kind of thing, i meant to say that if i died we would have had a holy shock less to use, which could make things bit more complicated in terms of healing KT encounter, but since this explaination was too long, i prolly chose the wrong words! =) Really, i wasnt worried i could die (because that happens, it’s part of the game), the aim was pushing triglaw a bit more, but as i said, prolly i chose the wrong words! =)
    Anyway, I don’t see why i should not want you as officer after that! Trust me, it’s really nothing!

Comment by Veddartha — Wednesday, 29 April, 2009 @ 11:44 am

6. […] now just thinking about it. Best pull I’ve been on! Ever! Even more memorable than the “heal me” incident in […]

Pingback by Rummys Blog : Run away quickly. — Tuesday, 15 December, 2009 @ 12:25 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL